A cpap machine (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) is designed to relieve patients who suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that causes breathing to start and stop during sleep. This is caused by the softening of the throat muscles during sleep, blocking the airway. Often you may not know you suffer from sleep apnea. It can be more noticeable to a partner, as the number one symptom is loud snoring. Other symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Daytime fatigue
- Dry mouth or sore throat in the morning
- Observed pause in breath during sleep, or sudden gasping or choking noises
- Headaches and difficulty focusing during the day
- High blood pressure
Buy cpap machine If you suspect you suffer from sleep apnea, you will have to go to a sleep clinic to be properly diagnosed. If you are diagnosed, then you may be prescribed a CPAP machine to wear during sleep, as they are the most commonly used therapy for sleep apnea.
A CPAP machine uses several components to continuously blow pressurized air through your airway in order to keep it from collapsing. A CPAP machine has three components.
- Motor: The CPAP motor draws in air and slightly pressurizes it in order to generate the exact amount of air necessary to keep your airways open and unrestricted. These motors are fitted with filters that screen out any impurities in the air. For those who suffer from a dry mouth and throat, or who live in dry climates, CPAP motors may also be fitted with a small humidifier.
- Hoses: The CPAP hoses are about 6 feet long and distribute the air from the motor to the mask.
- Mask: There are several different types of mask to choose from, with further variations depending on the wearer’s needs and preferences. You may have to try a few different masks before finding the most comfortable option.
Your CPAP machine must be used on a nightly basis. Once you start using it, you will notice positive results immediately, CPAP machines are extremely effective! However, if you stop using it, your sleep apnea symptoms will return as the machine is a therapy, not a treatment. Hopefully once you start using your CPAP machine you will experience more restful, uninterrupted sleep, as well as improved daytime energy and alertness. Your CPAP machine will also help address the more serious negative effects of sleep apnea by lowering you blood pressure, and reducing your risk of stroke or heart disease!