Pennsylvanians Against Common Core is a single issue education advocacy group. Our sole purpose is to have the adoption of the Common Core Standards reversed.
We seek this measure because Common Core will:
- Institute national control of curriculum
- Require $645 million to implement in PA
- Lower quality standards
- Provide parents and school boards no recourse to influence content or standards
- Undermine the US Constitution’s 10th Amendment authority of states over education
- Institute a massive national student tracking initiative
We focus our efforts on bringing together concerned people from all points of the political spectrum in order to effect legislation resulting in the reversal of its adoption. There is so much to dislike about the common core initiative. For some, the idea of violating states’ rights is important. To others, they oppose it strictly from a quality perspective. A majority oppose it because it stifles curriculum development and teacher/school autonomy in choosing what is best for their students. Still other fiscally concerned citizens reject it for its massive spending requirements. Ending common core and the related tests are our goal. We seek this goal to retain local control and oppose a top-down centralization of education.
We are all volunteers, we are parents, citizens and educators concerned about the future of our children’s education. Parents and teachers need a voice that politicians hear. Pennsylvanians Against Common Core is one of those voices.